As patches of snow begin to melt and the Midwest weather teases me with occasional above-freezing days, I can’t help but look forward to spring. Longer days filled with sunlight, Easter egg hunts in the backyard and gardens overflowing with tulips and roses — these are just a few of the events to look forward to in the coming months. Needless to say, as my mind drifts to a change in season, I’m finding myself searching for free knitting patterns that reflect all of spring’s finest moments. That brings me to this special collection. If you’ve been spending your days and nights wishing for spring, then you’ll love this collection of pastel knitting patterns. From a lightweight cardigan to an easy-to-make baby afghan, you’ll find a pattern that’s perfect for casting on tonight!
6 Pretty Pastel Knitting Patterns
1. Shark Tooth Scarf – Capture the elegance of the ocean with this lovely knit scarf pattern that mimics the motion of water flowing down a waterfall.
2. Baby Giggles Afghan – Made with a combination of eye-catching pastels, this charming baby blanket makes the ideal gift for your next baby shower.
3. Candy Cardigan – Appease your inner sweets lover with this delicate cardigan that looks as delicious as cotton candy.
4. Hermes Winged Baby Booties – Put a fun twist on traditional baby booties with this adorable pattern. Even if you don’t include the wings, you’ll love how simple these booties are to complete.
5. Hot Air Balloon Hats – Get carried away with these basic hats that feature three colorful pom poms.
6. Pendleton Shrug – Add a hint of glamor to your wardrobe with this shimmery shrug that’s meant to thrive in a spring climate.
Tell us: which pattern will you make first?